jcrewismyfavstore

jcrewismyfavstore

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pencil Me In!

J. Crew really knows how to make a classic, professional pencil skirt.  I am loving the array of colors from their most recent roll-outs (and from last year).  The Viridian Green color has received lots of love in the blogging community.  This is my favorite purchase of the year!  And, I hear that there is a new retail only "teal" color.  I can't wait to see it--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be sold in a size 14.  And, I'm hoping that the teal color isn't too close to the Nightfall Blue color from last year.

J Crew skirt (see more wool pencil skirts)

J Crew skirt
What a great color!
The other colors of the no. 2 pencil skirt in wool are just as beautiful.  And, of course, I had to grab the vibrant flame, spicy gold, and jazzy purple too!  These skirts are beautiful basics; they jazz up any wardrobe/outfit.  What colors do you own?  Do tell!


8 comments:

  1. I am a little embarrassed to tell you all the colors I have of these skirts, but here goes: ochre, bright plum, nightfall blue, cinnamon stick, grey, black, and I *might* have just ordered both veridian green AND bright flame. Hmm...actually doesn't look as bad written out as it did in my head. I love these skirts, and I wear them a lot in the fall/winter so they're totally justified in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AppGal, you're not alone!! I own all of those colors too!!!! Totally justified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I am in this club as well! Y'all know I'm obsessed with these skirts. Let's see, I have: black, grey, cinnamon, persimmon, ochre, bright blue (?), nightfall blue, viridian green, bright plum, heather acorn. o.m.g. it's a sickness. I do wear them all fall, winter and early spring though. They always cheer me up! I'm inspired to do a polyvore right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopwithm, I love it!!!! I agree, these colors cheer me up too! My online PS says that two new colors will be available soon--bright blue Sept. 19, and Neon Azalea in November. I can't wait. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 2cents for the Pencil Skirts Confessional: bronzed ochre, heather acorn, dusty blossom, black. I saw the new blue/teal in store, and would say it's the color of turquoise but darker, a little more true blue than the green/forest tinge I see in the nightfall blue (at least on my monitor). Sort of like hacking's ocean blue but darker. I hope that, the green, or flame make it to sale - I do love the fit but don't wear them that often to justify more than the "classic camel" at full price this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jcbellemarie, it is wonderful to know that I'm not alone!!! I want the heather acorn, the only color I don't own, but it just doesn't look right on my skin tone. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this skirt in this color! LOVE it and can't wait until it's cold enough to wear.

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polly and Fiona, me too!!! This skirt will definitely be part of my first Fall outfit!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Rude and disrespectful comments will be deleted!