Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Mixing Colors

Hi Everyone!

I stopped by the J. Crew store today to check out the newest arrivals.  I LOVE the new bright colors of the Tippi sweater. 

On my way out of the store, I noticed a styling combination that I can't get out of my head.  However, I'm not sure what to think about the different colors in the outfit.  The outfit featured the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Harvest Tweed with the Blythe Blouse in Neon Azalea with an orange v-neck sweater over the Neon Azalea blouse.

Here are the pieces:
What do you think of this color combination?  I love the Neon Azalea Blythe Blouse, but it is bright, so I'd like to tone it down a bit.  What do you think of the orange sweater and the Neon Azalea blouse together?  Do tell!

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. I like the Neon Azalea Blythe blouse with the skirt but not sure about the bright orange sweater with it. I tend to be very conservative in mixing and matching color though.

  2. Small Town Gal!! I totally agree with you. I don't think that I am bold enough to wear the orange sweater with the pink blouse. It was super cute on the display! My ps suggested wearing a navy sweater instead of the orange one, so I will try that.

    Thanks for being here!

  3. This skirt is gorgeous! And because the colors are so mixed, it is a good match to any other bright color. I love your combination :D

  4. Denise!! Thanks so much!! I agree, I love this skirt!!! I really like the bright mix of colors!

  5. Well, as I mentioned in your post about the Talbots bow ballet flats, I absolutely love hot pink and orange together. However, I'm not sure about the neon azalea color. Perhaps if you could find a top in a slightly darker fuschia shade?

  6. Great colors!

    Happy Holidays to you!

  7. ifky12: I totally agree with you! Thanks SO much!

    just tututiny: I agree, these are great colors!! I'm just not sure if I'm bold enough to pull off the entire outfit!

    Thanks for being here ladies!!!


Comments are welcome. Rude and disrespectful comments will be deleted!