jcrewismyfavstore

jcrewismyfavstore

Friday, January 20, 2012

Please Help!!: J. Crew Sterling Skirt

Hi Everyone!

I have a question about fit, and I need some help!  I ordered the J. Crew Sterling Skirt earlier this week.  I LOVE the skirt; the material is sturdy and very well-made.  I'm concerned, however, about the fit.  My wonderful husband thinks that there is too much material in the back, but I think that's because I typically wear pencil skirts.  Here is a quick pic of the back of the skirt (please excuse the fuzzy cell phone image and the bathroom):



What do you think about how the J. Crew Sterling Skirt fits me?  Please share!

Thanks for your help!  And, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. It's darling... but I'm wondering if you could size down maybe? It looks a little roomy on top, but the flow in back is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sterling skirt didn't work on me for that very reason. The hips and rear really have to work in concert with this skirt. When they do, it's a dream. Great fabric, cut and fit. Just not for me. From what I've seen, women with a pear shape look good in this skirt. And I'm inclined to say maybe those with no junk in the trunk. I don't know how you are in that dept. Just speaking for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to size down, Rynetta. The skirt is meant to be worn at your waist, and from what I can see in the picture, it is sitting further down on your hips. Try a smaller size if you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the previous posters, I think you need to size down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much, ladies!!! I ordered this skirt in my normal J. Crew skirt size, which is a 14, but I should have ordered a size 12. The skirt is sold out now!

    Skylette: Thanks SO much!! I agree, there is a lot of room on top.

    Gigi: you're spot on, as always! I have a lot of junk in the trunk, LOL!!!

    Fabulous Florida Mommy: you're absolutely right!!! I will keep checking to see if a size 12 reappears on the J. Crew website!

    A: I keep looking at the pictures, and like you, I totally think that I needed a 12 and not a 14!

    Again, thanks so very much ladies. I really appreciate you being here and your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Rude and disrespectful comments will be deleted!