Today, I'm sharing a very personal story and decision.
I've been an anomaly ALLLLLL my life. And, thankfully, I've always been comfortable in my own skin. I believe the following quote wholeheartedly. I can only be me, I cannot, and more importantly, I will not try to fit in.
1. You'd be great parents. My response: Really? How do you know?
2. You're being selfish. My response: it's selfish to procreate when that's not your desire.
3. Who will take care of you when you're older? My response: that's why senior care facilities exist.
4. What about your legacy? My response: The Internet will document it.
5. Children are totally worth it. My response: They definitely are if that's your desire.
6. You will change your mind. My response: I promise you that I will not. I love my sleep. I love spending uninterrupted time with my amazing hubby.
And, just so you know, here is one of the biggest reasons why I'm childless by choice: I LOVE my amazing hubby, and I do not want to share him with anyone!
Finally, I LOVE this book by comedian Jen Kirkman (it's really refreshing to see someone engaging the "I'm childless by choice and there is nothing wrong with me" segment of the population:
So, there you have it! Are there any choices/decisions you've made that people criticize? Do tell!
Thanks for stopping by!