jcrewismyfavstore

jcrewismyfavstore

Thursday, January 8, 2015

J. Crew Tilly vs Tippi Sweater

Hi Everyone!

J. Crew released a new sweater during the holidays, the Tilly.  There has been a lot of discussion about the differences between the Tilly and the Tippi in the blogsophere, so I thought that I would do a post comparing the two sweaters.

Let me say up front that I am NOT a fan of the Tilly Sweater.  The sweater is cropped, which is never a good fit or style for my body type.  It looks hideous on me.....see for yourself:


The arrow shows where the sweater ends, and where the J. Crew Perfect Fit Tank I am wearing begins.  Hopefully this shows how cropped/short the sweater is.  The sleeves are full-length on this sweater.  J. Crew totally missed the mark on this sweater in my opinion.  Hashtag hideous.  This sweater is flat out horrible, I don't know what else to say.

The Tippi Sweater, on the other hand, is a great basic:
I have an entire drawer full of Tippi Sweaters.  I am really hoping that J. Crew is not considering eliminating the Tippi for the Tilly.  Unlike the Tilly, the Tippi is not cropped; the Tippi also has three-quarter sleeves, which I think works well for layering button down shirts/under blazers.

Here is one way that I plan to wear the Tippi Sweater when the weather cooperates.  As I posted on Instagram yesterday, this is the outfit that I would wear if it was not freezing outside.  But, I'm not complaining, I LOVE cold weather!:



Details:  Jacket, Sweater, Shirt, Jeans, Shoes, Necklace


What are your thoughts on the new Tilly Sweater?

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. HATE the Tilly. Was so excited to see all the bright colors but when I grabbed one to try, I was horrified. Anybody bigger than a B-cup sized bust -- it will not work. Just too, too short. I am also a big fan of the Tippi -- great basic sweater. J.Crew blew it with the Tilly. When are they going to stop making so many pieces that only look good on Jenna? Maddening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. annegav: I strongly dislike the Tilly, too! And, I totally agree that it is not a good sweater for women who are well endowed up top, LOL! I am sincerely hoping that they keep the Tippi, and that they do not mess with the construction of it!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the comparison. I had considered trying the Tilly until I read the negative reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maryeb: My pleasure! I absolutely dislike the Tilly. I think that it's a disaster, but that may just be me!

      I hope that you have a fun and relaxing weekend planned!!!!

      Delete
  3. The Tippi is fantastic. I cannot count how many I have anymore. I'm thinking I didn't miss much by passing on the Tilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan: I totally agree that the Tippi is fantastic! I totally understand having more than you can count, LOL! And, I absolutely do not think that you missed anything by passing on the Tilly!

      I hope that you're visiting Disney soon!

      Delete
  4. Do. Not. Stop. Making. Tippis!!! I hate Tillys too. I love Tippi. I am addicted to them. The length is perfect and 3/4 sleeves are universally flattering. just stop raising prices on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my third Tippi but bought the others I have four years ago. Is it my imagination but is the material thinner? I will keep it but it doesn't seem to be the same quality as my older ones. A great staple though. Just wondering what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Rude and disrespectful comments will be deleted!